Close Menu
  • Home
  • Ratings
  • Showbiz News
  • Horoscope
  • Tech Jungle
  • BIZnest
  • Brands
  • Movies
  • Music
  • About
    • BE PART OF THE LIONHEARTV FAMILY!
    • THE PRIDE
    • ADVERTISE AT LIONHEARTV
What's Hot

Bela Padilla and Carlo Aquino reunite in ‘A Special Memory’

February 18, 2026

‘Songs For Selina’ to debut in Philippine cinemas next month

February 18, 2026

Fil-Am Yvng Jin’s music shows jaw-dropping talent NOBODY can deny

February 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok
LionhearTVLionhearTV
  • Home
  • Ratings
  • Showbiz News
  • Horoscope
  • Tech Jungle
  • BIZnest
  • Brands
  • Movies
  • Music
  • About
    • BE PART OF THE LIONHEARTV FAMILY!
    • THE PRIDE
    • ADVERTISE AT LIONHEARTV
LionhearTVLionhearTV
Home»Celeb Feature»Kean Cipriano hits Health Secretary after statement on new COVID-19 strain preparedness; Ogie Diaz wants Francisco Duque III out
Celeb Feature News Social Media

Kean Cipriano hits Health Secretary after statement on new COVID-19 strain preparedness; Ogie Diaz wants Francisco Duque III out

Kay CabralBy Kay CabralDecember 30, 2020No Comments3 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter Reddit Pinterest Email

Kean Cipriano, vocalist of pop-rock band Callalily, and comedian and vlogger Ogie Diaz slammed Health Secretary Francisco Duque III for his statement on Philippine’s preparedness for the newly reported COVID-19 strain.

They said that the health secretary is incompetent and want him to step down from his position.

On December 26, during the meeting on the government’s plan for the new COVID-19 strain, Duque mentioned that the country is not defenseless towards the new strain. He said that upon the entrance of the virus in the Philippines, the country will be prepared as the government had already prepared specific systems and policies for the virus.

“We are not defenseless. Hindi naman parang wala tayong laban kahit makapasok po ‘yan, hopefully hindi makapasok pero kung makakapasok naman po, please be assured that the mechanisms, the systems, the policies are already all in place,” he said.

Duque added saying that “It’s not a question kung darating dito it is going to perhaps really reach the shores, but it’s a question of when. But, again, all of the systems are in place, so we hope that we can manage this.”

According to an article by Inquirer, the new SARS-CoV-2 strain was first detected in the United Kingdom (UK) and has already arrived in other countries such as Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Australia.

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson placed London and southeast England on lockdown after scientists found a more infectious variant of the COVID-19 virus. He said that the virus “may be up to 70 percent more transmissible than the earlier strain.”

Kean Cipriano took to social media to express his frustrations with Duque as he claimed that the health secretary is incompetent and can’t be trusted to handle the new virus strain situation which involves all the lives of the Filipinos.

“Sec. Duque is too incompetent to be trusted with such an important responsibility at a very delicate situation,” he said.

He also said that Duque should resign and be replaced by someone “who truly cares for the nation.”

Sec. Duque is too incompetent to be trusted with such an important responsibility at a very delicate situation.

Please resign. Give the position to someone who truly cares for the nation.

Filipino lives are on the line.

Please step down.

— Kean Cipriano (@keancipriano) December 27, 2020

Ogie Diaz also wanted Duque to step down from his position. He shared a post on Twitter that showed the health secretary’s statement on the country’s preparedness for the new strain of the virus.

Ogie said that Duque should not continue to stay in his position and should be replaced by a more knowledgeable person.

Juice ko, mas ok kung hindi ka na kapit-tuko sa pwesto. Bigay na yan sa ibang mas may alam. Please. https://t.co/b3a2ux8Qwt

— ogie diaz (@ogiediaz) December 26, 2020

“Mas ok kung hindi ka na kapit-tuko sa pwesto. Bigay na yan sa ibang mas may alam. Please,” he wrote on Twitter.

Some netizens have also mentioned that Duque is irresponsible and therefore should be replaced by a more competent politician. People recalled Duque’s previous statement during the early stages of COVID-19 in the country where he also said that the Philippines is ready for the virus.

Duque said that the government focused its efforts on strengthening the capacities of health facilities nationwide in an attempt to minimize the spread of the virus.

“So doon na lang…level ng gamutan, doon na lang dapat ibuhos ang dapat ang lahat ng dapat isagawa ng DOH (So on the level of treatment, that’s where the DOH should focus its efforts),” Duque said.

However, as of this writing, the Philippines has recorded about 400 thousand Coronavirus cases coming 2nd to Indonesia for having the highest Covid cases in all of the South East Asian countries according to CSIS (Center for Strategic & International Studies). The Philippines also has the highest mortality rate in Southeast Asia as of November 2020.

Comments

Francisco Duque III Health Secretary Francisco Duque III Kean Cipriano Ogie Diaz
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit Email
Previous ArticleA look back at the year that was on ‘Tunay na Buhay’
Next Article Netizens disappointed with Fan Girl’s ending; Director Antoinette Jadaone explains
Kay Cabral

Related Posts

Bela Padilla and Carlo Aquino reunite in ‘A Special Memory’

February 18, 2026

Tart Carlos urges Izzy Trazona to return to stage amid controversy

February 18, 2026

‘Huwag kang Ipokrito.’ Mikoy Morales speaks out amid Alvin Aragon controversy

February 18, 2026

Sue Ramirez calls out Alvin Aragon over controversial remarks

February 18, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Find us on Facebook
Blogmeter.Top



Trending

LionhearTV continues to grow: Strengthening BIZNest, Tech Jungle, and RAWRTrip for 2026

February 14, 2026

15 Adored PH Celebrity Loveteams That Eventually Parted Ways

February 2, 2026

25 Best Teleseryes of 2025

January 14, 2026

GMA Pictures rolls out ambitious 2026 film slate, highlights animated features and major industry collaborations

January 7, 2026

Invited but silent: Celebrities, Influencers face backlash for not promoting MMFF 2025 films

January 3, 2026
Showbiz News

Bela Padilla and Carlo Aquino reunite in ‘A Special Memory’

February 18, 2026

Tart Carlos urges Izzy Trazona to return to stage amid controversy

February 18, 2026

‘Huwag kang Ipokrito.’ Mikoy Morales speaks out amid Alvin Aragon controversy

February 18, 2026

Sue Ramirez calls out Alvin Aragon over controversial remarks

February 18, 2026

Alvin Aragon hits back at critics, questions Alex Castro’s support for Sunshine Garcia

February 18, 2026
Most Viewed

Bela Padilla and Carlo Aquino reunite in ‘A Special Memory’

February 18, 2026

‘Songs For Selina’ to debut in Philippine cinemas next month

February 18, 2026

Fil-Am Yvng Jin’s music shows jaw-dropping talent NOBODY can deny

February 18, 2026

Tart Carlos urges Izzy Trazona to return to stage amid controversy

February 18, 2026

SANJOS Market San Pedro celebrates 6th Anniversary

February 18, 2026
eMVP Digital is an online empire that useful pieces of information and a resource for a daily dose of entertainment in all forms. It produces LionhearTV.net, Dailypedia.net, RAWR Awards, RAWRMag, DailyPIPOL, and Broken Lion. These platforms have a highly-engaged audience per month, which varies from ages and sexes.



Blogmeter.Top
© 2026 LionhearTV.net.
  • Home
  • Ratings
  • Showbiz News
  • Horoscope
  • Tech Jungle
  • BIZnest
  • Brands
  • Movies
  • Music
  • About
    • BE PART OF THE LIONHEARTV FAMILY!
    • THE PRIDE
    • ADVERTISE AT LIONHEARTV

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.