Original photo entries (photo manipulation is not allowed) will be shortlisted weekly based on the top number of votes in the Lee microsite, and then judges will choose the winning photos from the shortlist based solely on artistic merit.
Here's the contest mechanics:
- Open to all 18 years old and above, photograph the shadows of the city.
- Upload original photo entries to either Facebook or Twitter. On Facebook, simply tag the Lee Jeans Philippines Fan Page and a geo-tag. On Twitter, just include @LeeJeansPhils #LeeShadowPlay and a geo-tag. You can use Instagram on your smartphone or go old school and use your cameras and upload your entries to www.leeshadowplay.com. Photos should be 800 x 600 pixels, 72 dpi and in JPEG format.
- Include a short description on every photo with maximum of 10 words.
- Can upload photos up to three entries. Photos don’t necessarily have to be self-portraits for as long as your photo plays the shadow beautifully.
- Photos should not contain drastic photo effects and editing using any kind of software/applications. Entry with such will be invalid and will not be considered.
- Composition and unique subject matter —25%
- Photo description —25%
- Natural lighting/use of shadows —25%
- Votes —25%
Announcement of winners will be on August 9, 16, 23, 30, and September 1. For further details, please visit http://leeshadowplay.com, like Lee Jeans Philippines on Facebook and follow @leejeansphils on Twitter.