Julie Anne San Jose started out in "Popstar Kids" as one of the finalists, and later on became a member of the group Sugarpop. Today, Julie Anne has grown up from this sweet little girl to a graceful young lady whose voice captivates the hearts of her fans, and she continues to rise as one of the most promising performers in the industry today. The personal choice of American Idol runner-up David Archuleta to be his front act in his Manila concert, Julie Anne proved once again that she is up to any challenges particularly showcasing her singing prowess.
Full name: Julie Anne San Jose
Nick name: Julie, Lieanne, JAPS
Date of Birth: May 17, 1994
Place of Birth: Quezon City
Zodiac sign: Taurus
Motto in Life: You only live once, so make the most out of it.
Describe yourself in 5 words: MACHO. M for Modest. A for Adik. C for Cool. H for Humorous and O for Obedient.
General interest/s and Hobby/ies: singing, reading books, playing instruments
Expression/s: Oh my God, Spread the love
Food: Fish, lean meat, yogurt, oatmeal, salad
Past time: reading books, playing instruments
Drink: milk, tea, fresh juice
Fruits: strawberries, apples, grapes, banana
Vegetable/s: lettuce and potato
Cartoon character: spongebob and mojacko
Male singer: JayR and Chris Brown
Female singer: Lea Salonga and Beyonce
Actors: Dingdong Dantes and Johnny Depp
Actress: Marian Rivera and Charlize Theron
Movies: Mind hunters, The Others
Showbiz Friends: Frencheska Farr (including PP dyosas)
Sport/s: Badmintion, Basketball
TV shows: None in particular.
She faced many challenges and often felt being set aside but despite that she never stops reaching her goals and continue walking in the tunnel where she sees the light at the end. Years ago, she accepted all the consequences and trials as she entered the world where she is right now. In spite of her perseverance for her work, it seems like it isn’t enough to be recognized by people surround her. Today, she’s starting to gain all the products of her sacrifices and hard work.
Why did you enter show business? What's your first plan in entering showbiz?
Ever since i was little, i dreamed of being a professional singer. I joined Pop star kids and i was not expecting and no one have thought i'd go this far.
What's your ultimate dream? What do you consider as the turning point in your career?
My ultimate dream is to be an international singer. Turning point? Definitely it would be when we did the Wazak Musicale (a rap musicale which was held at Party Pilipinas). It was directed by Rico Gutierrez & he’s actually the first one who really trusted me that I can do it, I’d like to thank him because he believed in my capacity as an artist.
Who are your biggest support? What keeps you in this business?
My family, friends and supporters. I owe them a lot. I'm very lucky and blessed that i have them in my life and I want to give them back the love, guidance and courage they're giving me. If it weren't for them, i wouldn't be where i am right now.
Are you open to being paired with other young actors? Who do you think will have a perfect chemistry with you?
Of course. I would consider Elmo, because he's my partner and loveteam. We have experienced a lot together and I'm really comfortable working with him.
What's your dream role? Who's your dream partner in a movie/TV series? My dream role?
I thought of being an action star. Even though they say it's a difficult kind, I still always want to try working on it. Macho kasi ako. Haha
With so many matinee idols in the Philippine showbiz industry, what makes you different?
All of us are different and everything we do is. I can say that I'm unique in my own way of sharing my blessings to others and making people happy.
If you weren't an actor today, what do you think you would have been?
If it weren't for showbiz, i would be a broadcaster. A singing broadcaster.
What do you think will be the biggest reason in quitting showbiz?
So far, I haven't thought of that yet. As long as I love what I'm doing and I enjoy my work.
Do you believe in "first love?" Do you have one?
I think i answered that on the previous question.
What makes you blush?
When someone pays and gives me compliments. Hehe
What are the characteristics of your ideal man?
An ideal man for me is composed, understanding, gentleman, respectful and most of all, God-fearing.
Who's your showbiz crush?
Dennis Trillo. I find him attractive and a good actor.
What's the best age to marry?
There is no ideal or perfect age for marrying. It's about when you're ready to make a life long commitment and you're willing to spend the rest of your life with that person no matter what comes on your way. You shouldn't rush into things because marriage is a huge step. Therefore, ask guidance from the Lord whatever decision it may be.
Most embarassing moment/s so far?
When i was at David Archuleta's concert, i tripped and fell of the stage while performing. Maybe i was out of balanced and good thing i didn't get hurt. Accidents do happen and it's way too unpredictable.
What was the toughest challenge you had to face?
It would be the time when i had to decide and choose between school and showbiz.
What is your most unforgettable moment / experience?
When my lolo died when i was 8 years old. I cried a lot because we were close then. In fact, when he was still alive, he wanted me to become a singer & actress someday. I feel so blessed God led me here, and i want to thank my lolo for guiding me as well (may he rest in peace) that i was able to make his dream for me come true.
What is your biggest frustration? Your biggest regret?
Well before, I feel neglected & ignored. I just pray to God to give me strength to work hard. Being in the limelight for more than 5 years has taught me how to be strong with the issues/intrigues coz I almost gave up since my father thought of I don’t have a place here in showbiz. But now I don't have any regrets with what i am at everything.
What do you do if you have no work?
What do you like to do in your free time? I just stay at home and sleep. Sometimes, i go out with my family and friends. I read a lot of books, it keeps my mind nourished and broad-minded in terms of vocabulary. (adik ako sa books Hehe)
Many Filipino stars invest in property. What are your investments so far?
Car and lot.
Showbiz doesn't always last forever. Any alternative plans?
I'm going to finish my studies and take my masterals.
Kapuso Network’s most popular tandem Julie Ann San Jose and Elmo Magalona can now be considered GMA Network's treasures for their success in their shows as loveteam and also their successes as induvidual artists. Elmo and Julie Anne were awarded the Most Stylish Love Team during the recently concluded Candy Style Awards. Now, Julie Anne answers some of the most asked questions by the fans. We'll see if we can see Elmo in the answers?
What is crush?
Crush is admiration. He/she gives a nerve feeling of excitement whenever you see them. Hehe
What is love?
Love is God and God is love.
Who is your crush?
Who is your love?
I love my family, for their support and guidance and for raising me well; my friends who are with me through good and bad times; God for His everlasting love and for giving me all the blessings.
Do you believe in love at first sight?
For me, no. It is not true and real. Maybe it can be infatuation which can develop to a real one. But then, it is God who chose and planned the right person for each one of us.
Who is your first love?
(Julie Anne opted not to answer this one)
- "Why won't I? Julie is such a wonderful person. I may not know her personally & have very few encounters with her, but she never fails to make me smile, make me giddy, make me want to shout her name at the top of my lungs & cry out of happiness by just seeing her smile, laugh, have little chit chat with & of course see her perform live. I am always in awe of what this very fine young lady can do. I mean she can play different instruments just by ear, she even goes to school with her very hectic schedule and she even finds time to bond with us, the 'adiks' may be it in person or over twitter. My reasons can go on and on but one thing is for sure, there will never be a reason not to follow someone as wonderful as Julie is." - Jamie Payad
- "TALENTED,GOD FEARING, ANG COOL PA NIYA HAHAHA BASTA IDOL AT GUSTO KO SIYA SHE MAKE ME INSPIRED :) kahit na andito ako sa masbate na di ko siya nakikita siya lang nagiging inspirasyon ko ng ganito hehe" - Alchita Francisco
- "She's a: Real artist, Down-to-earth person, Nice, Pretty and we all know that she's multitalented and hndi sya ung artista na "sumikat-ka-lang-yumabang-ka-na," sya ung artista na hndi nkakalimot sa mga fans nya na ibibigay lahat para mapasaya kami and sya ung isa sa mga artistang tinuturing ang mga fans nya na parang kaibigan: nakikipag-ADIKAN sayo hindi ung fans na natural na taong humahanga lang sayo. Nai-inspire nya kaming lahat na fans nya, na kahit na pagod sya from taping tapos may school pa bukas makikipag-kulitan pa sa twitter and sya ung artista na nagre-reach out mismo sa amin.
it would take hours for me to list down all the nice things I know na nagawa nya... So...let's go to the next question:) Why more & more are following Ate Julie: Like what I said she's talented, totoo ung talento nya hndi ung nadadaan sa auto-tune or hndi ung fake ung boses. Para syang international artist kng kumanta na pati kapwa nya singers and even ung mga talagang sikat na sikat na singers like Mrs. Regine& Mr. Ogie Alcasid, Ms. Lea Salonga ang many more napapahanga nya. And to think na 18 plang sya, ang dami na nyang narating from singing to dancing and now to acting nkaka-PROUD LANG. At ayan ang aking speech, lol:)" - Shean Abeleda
- "I'm following Julie Anne because she's the kind of person that teenagers must follow. She's a role model to everyone especially to us students. One of the reasons why I became a loyal fan to Julie (we all know that she is talented, pretty, humble, smart, God-fearing. etc) is that she knows all her priorities in life. She is focused on her work and studies. She obeys her parents. And she never forgets to thank the Lord for all the blessings He had been giving to her. That's why a lot of people are now idolizing and following her." - Christiane Lois Dating
- "I'm Juvena Orteza, and it's funny to say that my friends sometimes call me JULIEvena. Why? I am one of the avid fans of Julie Anne San Jose, an ADIK. A PROUD ADIK. That's one of my REASONS of following her. I want to get updates about her, about the activities she’ll gonna do. She’s one of the best, but for me, she’s the best. I never been a fangirl since I have known Julie. I’m so proud of her, even though I’m a year older than her. Julie is almost perfect... Talented (Seems like she can do everything, sing, dance, act, host, play different kinds of instruments, etc.), kind, intelligent, generous, very down to earth (No wonder why she’s very blessed), and beautiful, but she doesn’t want to be described as beautiful (See! Very humble), she wants to be called MACHO. I follow her simply because I admire that young talented lady. Julie Anne San Jose is getting more and more followers, no doubt. She’s a role model not only to the youth, but also to the people who are older than her. Age doesn’t matter when it talks about ADIKNESS TO JAPS." - Juvena Orteza
- "Why am I following @MyJaps? Why more and more are following Julie Anne San Jose?
Simply because she is JULIE .. Let me put this way..
J - jocund.. jolly..
She is the type of person that will make you laugh and smile the entire time you are with her. JAPS loves to laugh and when she smiles, the entire place lights up because of her beautiful and catching smile..
U - undeniable talented..
Singing, Dancing, Acting, Playing different instruments && etc. everybody admired her not only her beauty but also her super undeniable and unlimited talents. (for sure every girls wanted to be just like her and I'm one of them)..
L - Lovely Lady..
Now that she turned 18.. she still looks young and ever beautiful. She has the same smile on her face and the twinkle in her eyes.. She has the charm that will make you like her the very first time you will lay your eyes on her.
I – Incredible Artist ..
Aside from having a great talent that has God given her. She's really a humble person. I really admire her. Kahit na super big star na siya she still manage her studies and her career. NapakaDown-to-earth niya.. She really finds time to meet and have a chit-chat with her fans.
E – Ever loving daughter, sister, and friend
Although I didn't see her YET in person I can feel and say it that she's really a good daughter, friend and an Idol. She has a big heart which contain countless, never ending, bottomless love which she shares to those whom she cares a lot." - Joyce Calpito
- "Julie is being followed literally on twitter, it has been hundreds of thousand people looking up to her. Julie is a simple person, she tweeted anything under the sun with wit and humor, that makes her fans smiles and forget all the badvibes. But mostly she's being follwed because she is one hella of a role model. A teenage girl with passion for education and whose focus on her dreams. She is an inspiration to many. To Julie, never change baby girl." - Charmaine Doble
- "I'm a Julie Anne San Jose fan because she always makes me happy through her music. She's a versatile artist. She can do everything. She got the beauty and brains. She's reachable, friendly, approachable. She's so humble and a down to earth person. That's why everybody loves her. Also, her path to success was not easy but she did amazing. She never quit. She's just the best! I'm a japs fan because I have all the reasons to be." - Regine Galang